Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sleepers That Will Score

By Tom McAleese @FauxFootball27

I had a good week of prognostication last week, going three for five with my end zone picks. Thanks to Jarrett Boykin, Harry Douglas, and Terrance Williams for making me look good.

Here's who I like to find the end zone this week...(Started in less than 25% of Yahoo leagues)


Kris Durham (DET) - Ryan Broyles was supposed to have a breakout year as the number two wide out, but he has mostly been a ghost, totaling just seven catches so far this year, while Durham has caught 13 for 124 over the past two weeks. Durham should be able to work the middle of the field, and that's how I see him scoring, on a slant. My insane prediction...7/76/1

Cole Beasley (DAL) - Sticking with the winning formula of picking a Dallas wide receiver to score, I'm going with Beasley this week. Beasley has solidified himself as the third wide out in a very productive offense, and with the increasing attention paid to Williams, and of course Bryant, that will leave some room for Beasley to work. I see him running a wheel route out of the slot and going in for a score. My insane prediction...6/61/1

Montee Ball (DEN) - Ronnie Hillman's fumbling issues have helped Ball ascend the depth chart to the primary back-up to Moreno. Ball has been used sparingly thus far this year, but with Hillman inactive this week expect to see Ball given a the opportunity fantasy owners that drafted him have been waiting for. I see him getting a goal line carry and taking it in for a score. My insane prediction...10/45/1 (rushing numbers)

Kenny Stills (NO) - I've never been a fan of any Saints wide receiver, mainly because Brees spreads the ball around so much, and you never know who is guy will be from week-to-week. Roll the dice and go with Stills this week. Lance Moore may be back this week, but I see Stills getting his share of snaps. With Graham likely to sit the Saints will use more three wide receiver packages, which bodes well for Stills. I see him catching a long pass down the sidelines for a score. My insane prediction...5/86/1

Robert Woods (BUF) - I have a feeling that this is the week that Woods breaks out. Thad Lewis is not a bad as I expected him to be, and with the shoot-out potential against the Saints, Woods will have a lot of opportunities to catch the ball. I see a short pass to Woods and him making a couple moves and getting into the end zone. My insane prediction...8/104/1

No comments:

Post a Comment